About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! My name is Celeste and I am 30 years old. I have been happily divorced since July 31, 2012.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

On to the next one...

My second IUI will be on tomorrow, March 11, 2011. Here's how my day started off. I woke up at 5 am because my bladder was about to explode. While I was awake I decided to test for ovulation using one of the cheap sticks. Well it was positive for ovulation. When I use those particular tests, I use the urine in a cup method. After I tested, I got back into bed and left the cup of urine on the bathroom sink counter. I then went back to sleep and woke up at around 7am to get ready for the day. One thing that I have learned since I've been doing infertility treatments is that I can always tell when I am ovulating. When I ovulate, I cramp just as it is with a period cramp. I requested to be off of work on this day and the next day so that was a plus. Since I knew that I ovulated, I said I would confirm it with the Clear Blue Easy test. I dipped the test into the same urine and I waited about 3 minutes and I got a big circle and was expecting the smiley face. It threw me for a loop! My fingers were already crossed tight hoping and praying to ovulate on this particular day because I did not want to end up having to go to the clinic over the weekend. After the disappointment of the circle, I figured that I would test again during the times that I am supposed to test which is from 11am until 2pm. When it was time to test, of course we were not at home. I ended up testing in Belk and when the results appeared, I was sitting in the men's shoe department on a comfy leather sofa. I told DH that it was a smiley face and he smiled. I then called the nurse, left a voice message and she called back at about 1:15pm with my appointment at 10:00 on March 11, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment