"AF-Aunt Flo (Period)
BFN-big fat negative (the ‘f’ is translated loosely lol)
BFP-big fat positive (HPT or OPK test result)
CM- cervical mucous
CP- cervical position
DH - dear husband
DPO-days past ovulation
FRER-First response early result
HPT-home pregnancy test
IB- implantation bleeding
IPS- Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms
IVF-in vitro fertilization
OPK-ovulation predictor kit
PCOS-polycystic ovarian syndrome
POAS-pee on a stick (to take an HPT or OPK)
TTC - trying to conceive
2WW-two week wait, the time between ovulation ‘o’ and AF"
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
After reviewing my notes from last time, the doctor asked when my last period was and it was December 19, 2010. He spoke about the IUI procedure and I was given instructions along with a 50mg prescription for Clomiphene citrate with two refills. This time around, I will take them on cycle days 2-6. I was ordered a progesterone injection to induce my period. Last month I was given the injection in my left hip, this time I requested it on the right side. I guess both hips are going to be hurting because I am still hurting from the injection in December. L
Here is a brief rundown of my instruction sheet:
· Use Clear Blue Easy Digital ovulation kits (which I used once before and loved)
· On cycle day 10, call the nurse so that she can review the instructions. If day 10 falls on the weekend, call beforehand.
· Start testing urine on day 10 between the hours of 11:00am and 2:00pm
· On the day of the LH surge, call the nurse by 2:00pm to schedule an IUI using DH’s sample. Abstain from intercourse on that day.
· On the day of the insemination, the sample MUST be presented by the husband with a valid driver’s license.
· Processing the sample will take one to two hours. The cost will be $324.00 which is due prior to the procedure. The procedure will take about 5 minutes and you will be asked to lie down for 10 minutes after the insemination.
· One week after your first IUI, you will need to have a serum progesterone level measured. This test is not necessary if taking gonadotropin injections.
· If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office. J
Side note: The staff is awesome at my fertility clinic!
The doctor says that IUI has a 15% success rate each attempt with the third attempt being highly likely. By taking the drug Clomid, or the generic form Clomiphene citrate their is a 5% to 10% chance of conceiving twins.
If pregnancy if not successful during the next three months, I will follow up with a regular appointment in April 2011.
So glad this day over! I didn’t mention that I had an appointment with the dentist and eye doctor too. I had yet another cavity and my eyes have gotten worse from my last eye exam.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011