After reviewing my notes from last time, the doctor asked when my last period was and it was December 19, 2010. He spoke about the IUI procedure and I was given instructions along with a 50mg prescription for Clomiphene citrate with two refills. This time around, I will take them on cycle days 2-6. I was ordered a progesterone injection to induce my period. Last month I was given the injection in my left hip, this time I requested it on the right side. I guess both hips are going to be hurting because I am still hurting from the injection in December. L
Here is a brief rundown of my instruction sheet:
· Use Clear Blue Easy Digital ovulation kits (which I used once before and loved)
· On cycle day 10, call the nurse so that she can review the instructions. If day 10 falls on the weekend, call beforehand.
· Start testing urine on day 10 between the hours of 11:00am and 2:00pm
· On the day of the LH surge, call the nurse by 2:00pm to schedule an IUI using DH’s sample. Abstain from intercourse on that day.
· On the day of the insemination, the sample MUST be presented by the husband with a valid driver’s license.
· Processing the sample will take one to two hours. The cost will be $324.00 which is due prior to the procedure. The procedure will take about 5 minutes and you will be asked to lie down for 10 minutes after the insemination.
· One week after your first IUI, you will need to have a serum progesterone level measured. This test is not necessary if taking gonadotropin injections.
· If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office. J
Side note: The staff is awesome at my fertility clinic!
The doctor says that IUI has a 15% success rate each attempt with the third attempt being highly likely. By taking the drug Clomid, or the generic form Clomiphene citrate their is a 5% to 10% chance of conceiving twins.
If pregnancy if not successful during the next three months, I will follow up with a regular appointment in April 2011.
So glad this day over! I didn’t mention that I had an appointment with the dentist and eye doctor too. I had yet another cavity and my eyes have gotten worse from my last eye exam.