About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! My name is Celeste and I am 30 years old. I have been happily divorced since July 31, 2012.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

34 Weeks



Retaining Water in my feet, BAD!

Comfortable Crocs


I am officially tired of being pregnant! Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful and view this pregnancy as a huge blessing, but I am so over it and ready to meet our precious son. My morning sickness is back and I cannot throw-up. I still do the stupid dry-heaving which is way worse. I can hardly sleep because I can’t get comfortable because my hip and my legs constantly hurt. Sitting and standing is becoming a chore. I find myself grunting when I stand because of the pressure and I see it getting slower each time. I’m always getting laughed at followed by the comment “you have three bullets on your shirt”. One of the bullets is my protruding belly button and I will leave the second and third bullet to the imagination. I wish that there was no such thing as sneezing. OMG! Sneezing hurts so badly and I brace myself for it every time. If I had my way, I would not do anymore sneezing until at least 6 months post-partum.

I could seriously use 2-3 more pairs of maternity pants, but I refuse to purchase any this far along. I did have to break down and by some Crocs because my shoes are not fitting with the swelling. They were $40.00 on the Crocs website and $27.00 on Amazon with free shipping. I may just order a brown pair because they are so light and comfortable!

This post is being typed on Thanksgiving and I have done almost nothing. I have four consecutive days off of work and I am trying my best to stay off of my feet as the doctor suggested. I have been elevated pretty much all day and the swelling has gone down, but still pretty bad. I am not going to any Black Friday sales nor did I get a newspaper to view the sales. I had a pep talk with myself to get me through everything. In the past, even when I did not go shopping, I still always got a newspaper. First of all my feet have been way too swollen to be worried about going to shopping. Secondly, I’m out of breath. I would not make it 2 hours in those crowds especially with the frequent urination. Third, I was just a tad bit frightened at the thought of being in the midst of people running and possibly fighting and etc. I didn’t want to put my unborn child at risk. Maybe next year….

I had an appointment with the doctor on 11/23/11 and I gained 14 lbs in two weeks!!!!! That’s right, 14 lbs in two weeks! The doctor said that he is not too concerned because my weight has stayed the same for the past 5 visits and he would like to see if I lose some of the weight/water by my next appointment. We discussed some of the upcoming tests and that during the next appointment; I will begin getting pelvic exams and discussing labor. I am stoked and ready!

I still have to find a pediatrician and I have to do it fast. I have been researching and I am down to three choices, but I still haven’t called them.

No comments:

Post a Comment